Friday, February 27, 2015

Adjustable Beds



Good advertising is apparently everything. When I was a kid, I didnt watch a lot of television, but I do remember the commercials I saw for adjustable beds. They were something of a mystery to me, and I thought they might have been some of the coolest things I had ever seen. I asked my mom if I could have one, but she just laughed at me and told me that if I wanted one I needed to go out and get a job.

I remember one of her friends had gotten one of the adjustable beds, and perhaps this is why my mom knew how expensive they were, no matter what the ad on the TV tried to say. Her friend had back problems, and I guess she bought one of the adjustable beds to help her sleep better at night. One time she let me play with the control, and I was in awe as the bed moved up and down and bent in half. It was very cool to me that she could sleep on it, but could also move it so that she could sit up and watch TV in a comfortable position if she wanted to.

You can still find these adjustable beds, and I swear they are still using the same commercial I saw as a kid over twenty some years ago. I have since figured out how expensive they are, and I know why my mom laughed when I innocently asked her to get me one of them when I was a kid. The adjustable beds are good for someone who may have back or other health problems, but as a kid, I would have just wanted to play with it. In retrospect I realize that is a silly reason to spend a lot of cash on a bed.

If you are interested in adjustable beds, you can find more than just the one. There are many people who make them now, and you will find a variety of features and prices out there when you look. You may be able to find adjustable beds locally. You may want to contact a medical supply company to see what they have. You can also see the one I grew up with online or by calling the company for a free trial (when applicable). If you have trouble getting in and out of bed, this may be something that makes your life a whole lot easier, and it might even be covered on your insurance, though you should check first to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment