Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kids have all different tastes, but if there is anything

Kids have all different tastes, but if there is anything that all kids like, it is animals. When you buy books about animals for your children, you are guaranteed to receive a smile in return. Although kids go through different phases in their reading, animal books are always one of the first things that they pick up on, and often become long-lasting favorites.

When I was a kid, I loved any kind of animal story or animal book. Animal coloring books were my favorite, but I also loved fables, myths, and longer stories as well. Black Beauty was the very first novel that I fell in love with, and I have read it many times since then.

My mom used to take us out to the bookstore. We would each get to pick out a book while we were there. My brother would take something about planes, or cars, or sports, but I would always go for the animal books right away. He made fun of me sometimes for it, calling me a girl for how much I liked animal books, but I didn't care. I knew that he was wrong and I was right. Animal books were great reading!

Now that I have kids of my own, we do things a little bit differently. Sometimes we still go to the bookstore to pick out books, but just as often we do it from the computer. We often buy books online for a number of reasons. Not only is it cheaper, but there is often more variety available. The kids can pick out almost any animal books that they can think of.

There are even books that are out of print online. For example, the book Mammals of the World, which was one of my favorites when I was a kid, has been out of print for years. I wanted to get it for my kids because it has so much information about the different animals out there, what they look like, and how they live. I figured that not only would it make good reading, but it would be educational as well. Thanks to buying animal books online, I was able to locate a copy for a reasonable price. My kids have loved it ever since. Every night, I get to read them a different description of a mammal. They have to guess what the animal looks like before I show them the picture. It is loads of fun for the whole family!


No comments:

Post a Comment